Looking for more excitement in your life? Here’s a list of top festivals to attend in your 20s – before the diaper changing and being considered “old” kicks in.
In no particular order:
- Made in America | Sep 3 & 4 | Philadelphia, PA
- Burning Man | Aug 28 – Sep 5 | Black Rock, NV
- TomorrowLand | Jul 24 – 26 | Boom, Belgium
- TomorrowWorld | Sep 25 – 27 | Atlanta, GA
- SXSW | March 11 – 20 | Austin, TX
- Coachella | Apr 15 – 24 | Indio, CA
- Governors Ball | June 3 – 5 | Manhattan, NY
- Lollapalooza | July 28 – 31 | Chicago, IL
- Electric Zoo NYC | September 4 – 6 | NYC, NY
- MysteryLand USA | June 10 – 13 | Bethel, NY
- Ultra Music Festival | March 18 – 20 | Miami, FL (visit Ultra worldwide locations like Brazil, Korea, Europe, and more)
- EDC | June 17 – 19 | Las Vegas
- EDC | May 14 & 15 | NY
- Spring Awakening | June 10-12 | Chicago, IL
- Nocturnal Wonderland | September 2 – 4 | San Bernardino, CA
- Beyond Wonderland | March 18 & 19 | San Bernardino, CA
- Moonrise | August 6 & 7 | Baltimore, MD
- Firefly Music Festival | June 16 – 19 | Dover, DE
- Boonaroo | June 9 – 12 | Manchester, TN
- Hard Summer | July 30 & 31 | Pomona, CA
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival | April 22 – May 1 | New Orleans, LA
- Mardi Gras | February 13 – 15 | New Orleans, LA
- Free Press Summer Festival | June 4 & 5 | Houston, TX
- Wireless Festival | July 8 – 10 | London, UK
- Holi Festival | March 23 & 24 | India
- Oktoberfest | September 17 – October 2 | Germany
- Carnival | February 5 – 9 | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- San Fermin Festival | July 6 – 14 | Pamplona, Spain
- Full Moon Party | April 22 | Thailand
- Lantern Festival | November 13 – 15 | Thailand
*Dates may vary from year to year
Try venturing outside of where you live for an even better experience. Not every festival is listed solely because SOME festival are kind of the same, just different location. And frankly, some of them we’ve never heard of. Let us know if there’s one that should’ve definitely made the list.
News is that TomorrowWorld will NOT be taking place in 2016. This is due to the disaster that happened last year. But despite everything that went down, I would still recommend going. The experience and concept is like nothing else. It could’ve easily been a different story had it not been raining all day when we went. Want to find out more? Click here to read the madness that went down in 2015.
Ultra Music Festival
BEST FESTIVAL EVER!!… at least so far that I’ve been to. We had the chance to spend 3 days raving in downtown Miami to the hottest EDM artist. My top favorite on the main stage were Tiesto, Hardwell, and Carnage. What made day 3 even more epic, was being able to rave in the rain during Carnage’s fire set! It brought a feeling that’s indescribable. Click here to read the full experience.
You don’t always have to go over the top with festivals – trying to attend as many as you can in one year isn’t ideal. No one has that many PTOs. Going to your local concert venue is always an easier and cheaper route.
For us, it’s Echostage in Washington, DC. It has the best, up close and personal, concerts in town!